A Service of Shadows
Good Friday marks the paradox of our faith. The community of God celebrate thefuneral of God. Join us anytime between 6pm - 8pm for an interactive experience of quite reflection and prayer around the Stations of the Cross.
Tonight will be an evening of quiet meditation around the Stations of the Cross - a series of seven depictions of Christ's suffering and death. The journey begins with the Last Supper and culminates in Christ's burial.
Along the way there will be art, music, and prayers to guide your experience. Scripture readings trace the story of Christ’s passion, music portrays his pathos, and the power of silence and darkness suggests the drama of this momentous day.
- The Shadow of Betrayal at the Last Supper - Mt 26:20-29
- The Shadow of the Agony of Spirit and Arrest - Mt 26:36-50
- The Shadow of Denial - Mt 26:69-75
- The Shadow of Accusation - Mt 27:11-14, 20-29
- The Shadow of Crucifixion and Humiliation - Mt 27:31-43
- The Shadow of Death | Mt 27:45-54
- The Shadow of Burial | Mt 27:57-60
As Good Friday is a solemn event we encourage worshipers to go through the stations in silent prayer and to leave in quite meditation. However, if you would like to receive prayer, our elders are available at each station and would love to pray with you.
Together in the darkness we ponder the depth of Christ’s suffering and death -- but through the small but persistent flame of the Christ candle we anticipate the joy of ultimate victory!